Reservations & Waitlist
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: class packages can be purchased online).
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Click here to schedule a class!
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces often open up regularly as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification.
- Please confirm you received the notification by following these steps to confirm your spot online:
- 1 Log into your account.
- 2 Click on My Info.
- 3 Click on My Schedule.
- 4 My Schedule will list all the classes you are currently in as well as classes that you have been added to from the waitlist.
- 5 Click on “Class Level” (ie, Mixed, Level 2) for the class that you can confirm
- 6 In the Notes box within Visit Details, you can write “Confirmed”. Then click Update.
- 7 This will notify us that you are coming to class and we will mark you as confirmed.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 60 minutes prior to class start and do not show up or cancel your reservation you will be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the 2-hour cancellation window; if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
- If you are moved off the waitlist less than 60 minutes before the start of class you will not be charged.
Cancellations & No-shows
- You must cancel prior to two hours before the start of class to avoid a late fee (or for 6am classes, 10 hours before).
- If you are using a class package, a no-show results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $25 for a no-show.
- If you use a class package, you will lose one class.
- If you are added to a class from the waitlist and not able to attend, you must cancel in accordance with the standard cancellation policy to avoid penalty.
- You may cancel online only.
- We do not accept email or phone cancellations.
Late Arrival to Class
- If this is your first Bar Method class, please arrive 10-15 minutes early as there is no admittance for first-timers once class has started. First-timers will need to complete the new client form and hang from the stall bar prior to class.
- Returning clients may enter up to 10 minutes after class has started, but please note that your spot may be taken by standby clients if you are not at the studio when class begins.
- Late-comers must lift their knees 40 times prior to joining class, regardless of whether or not you have previously worked out before entering the studio. This is for your safety.
- If class has been in session for more than 10 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients.
- Socks that cover the entire foot, exercise pants to the knee or below (compression shorts must be worn underneath if pants are loose fitting), and tops that cover midriff and waistband of pants.
- Socks must be on PRIOR to entering the studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class.
- Socks must be fresh and clean.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the exercise studios during class. If you are on call or have a pager you need for emergencies, you may leave it at the front desk and our Client Care Specialist will enter the studio and alert you.
- Please do not chew gum in the studio during class.
- Drinks other than water are not permitted in the studio. Water must be capped and in a container that is not glass.
- New and continuing pregnant clients must provide a doctor’s note that allows permission to take strengthening and stretching classes. This note must be brought in on or prior to your first class if you are new to Bar Method. If you are an existing client, please bring this note in as soon as you know you are pregnant. We also have a form you can send to your doctor. Please inform your teacher you are pregnant prior to class time.
- Pregnant clients new to the Bar Method must have previously taken a “bar-based” class or the at home Bar Method Pregnancy DVD a minimum of 5 times.
- We have adopted several modifications that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy.
- The minimum age requirement is 13 years old.
- Clients between the ages of 13-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctors note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
- If you have a heart condition, epilepsy, lupus, or severe sciatica, we require a doctor’s note on your first visit that allows you to take “stretching and strengthening classes.”
One Hour Babysitting Services - $7.50/hour
- We welcome children at least 3 months of age, up to 8 years old.
- Six childcare spaces are available on a first come first serve basis.
- We recommend making a reservation as we restrict the number of children in the childcare room. You can make reservations for childcare either online, by phone, or in person up to 24 hours in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, and the name and age of your child. If you do not hear back from us, your reservation has been confirmed.
- Babysitting costs $7.50 per child ($6.50 per child for monthly members) and is available 5 days per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 11:30am. Please see our online schedule or more information on available times.
- Parents who bring children under age 9 must place them in the childcare room during class. Children may not play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment. Children are not allowed to wait in the lobby area unattended at any time.
- If your child is ill, please keep him/her home so our other guests stay healthy!
- There is free parking on site at La Cumbre Plaza, in the parking area located near Hope Avenue, steps away from our front door.
- There is also free additional parking located to the west of our studio, in between Von’s and Williams-Sonoma.